Want to make your brand a valuable asset?
Engage a Trademark agent in Singapore.
What is Trademarks?
A trademark is any letter, word, name, signature, numeral, device, brand, heading, label, ticket, shape, colour, aspect of packaging or any combination which is used to distinguish a company from its competitors and is a valuable asset that represents both brand and goodwill.
Classes of Trademark in Singapore
Goods and Services are divided into 45 different classes of trademark in Singapore.
- Classes 1 to 34 relate to Goods.
- Classes 35 to 45 relate to services.
Validity of protection of trademark
The registration of a trademark in Singapore with the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS), is valid for 10 years from the filing date of the application. Protection can last indefinitely subject to the payment of renewal fees every 10 years, and with proper use of the marks.
Some of the advantages of registering trademark with the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS):
- It gives the owner the exclusive right to use the mark and thus prevent others from using a similar or identical mark without his permission. This is important especially if you have a unique business proposition and you do not want others to imitate you.
- It is essential if you want your business and brand to stand out from the crowd, especially the global scene should you want to bring your business to other countries.
- Making your brand a valuable asset, especially when you are doing franchise business.
- Registration of your trademark will also give you the right to licence your brand in return for money, giving you another potential revenue stream
- It gives consistency to the usage of marks.
Trademark agent in Singapore
Services we render include:
Let our experience be your company’s guide